Thursday, September 27, 2007

France for an hour

Stephanie and Dan needed to head back to Provence, Stephanie to prep for her next trip, and Dan to coordinate the world. (He’s the world logistics coordinator for Trek! I wonder where you move up to after coordinating the world?) So we spent the afternoon in downtown Girona. The buildings were the shades of sunsets and very picturesque by the river.

We then drove them up the Costa Brava and into France to catch their train. I didn’t thing I’d be visiting France this trip, so what a nice surprise (even if it was just for an hour!)

On our way back to Girona, Liz, Kathryn and I stopped at two more quaint medieval towns. The second town, a walled medieval city, was fully equipped with a moat! As I walked the streets, I tried to imagine who had walked these same streets 600 years ago. How many other people had passed through these doorways? The town was beautifully maintained. We wrapped up the evening with dinner at their main square, eating outside mainly because it was so charming, even though it was pretty chilly. Fall has definitely arrived here in Spain.

No comments: